[c-nsp] VPN architecture question...

Jeff Behl jbehl at logicmonitor.com
Tue Sep 6 18:35:59 EDT 2011

This particular client has the ISP on the public network block, acting as
the default gateway (ick), so dividing up the block and routing smaller
chunks to the 1921 isn't going to work.  This is obviously sub-optimal and
something that will need to be fixed later, but such is the way of things
for now...

My final conclusion:  if they want fast failover and real redundancy for
their VPN link, they need to get another 1921. So until the VPN traffic is
used for production purposes (currently used for Amazn VPC endpoint for QA
systems), they are happy staying with the bridged-interface (and slow
failover) solution...

Thanks -
Jeff