[c-nsp] Shaping on outgoing results in 'input ignore' errors on ingress interface?

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:06:37 EDT 2011

All,

        I'm seeing increasing 'ignore' errors on a 2821 running 12.4(25).
This is on a gig interface running at 100 mb.  Pretty much all traffic
entering this interface will exit the other gig interface which is doing
shaping (matching using NBAR) of filesharing traffic.  CPU doesn't look too
bad (no average over 20, no peak over 60), but I'm wondering if microbursts
are to blame.  Would shaping on an egress interface lead to overflows of the
ingress rx ring?  The ingress interface doesn't have any input policies,
however one subint does have NAT overload on it.  I'm thinking they are
related, but would like to confirm.

Thanks,

Chuck