[c-nsp] IOS XR

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Sep 8 04:53:36 EDT 2011

On Thursday, September 08, 2011 01:22:51 PM Mikael
Abrahamsson wrote:

> Yes, absolutely. But the 50ms was to define something
> being *in service*. If it stops forwarding more than
> that, I don't consider it to be *in service*. Then it's
> "upgrade with service interruption".

Ah, you meant the SONET/SDH comparison in service terms and
not network terms :-).

Yes, certainly, if 50ms is your base measurement for a
service outage during a software/hardware upgrade, then I'm
not yet sure ISSU can comfortably get you there :-).

In our IPTv environment, we tested RE (Juniper's RP)
failover and that went very well, both for graceful and non-
graceful situations. Didn't get a chance to see what the CRS
RP would do; but in terms of core box failure, service would
quickly route around a funky node anyway.

Mark.