[c-nsp] ASA vs ISR ZBFW

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Fri Sep 9 11:17:39 EDT 2011

Gert,

I understand where this comes from, but the ASA is a bit more modern then the "PIXen".

1) It now does dynamic routing (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP)
2) Nat (as of 8.3+) is now "normal"
3) The inspect feature still has issues but is necessary for many protocols and is implemented very similar on the ZBFW  in ios.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff        | Fax:   914-460-4139