[c-nsp] Basic IOS questions

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Fri Sep 9 17:51:27 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have some questions that came up while working with Cisco 7600/6500
boxes first weeks.
Maybe you guys have some hints for me.

order of sh log:
Is there a way to show the latest entries first instead of scrolling down
to the end ?

ssh timeouts:
I would like to disable the console timeout for ssh sessions. I.e. the
sessions should only be closed if the ssh tcp-connection has a timeout.
I tried a few commands that sounded like timeout but none worked.

OSPF IPv6 documentation:
several documentation tells me to use "router ospfv3" to setup OSPF for
IPv6 but it is not available in the cli.
I could setup OSPF with "ipv6 router ospf" at least similar to the v4
version. Did that replace "router ospfv3" or why can I not enter it ?

OSPFv6 costs:
How can I see the costs of an OSPF v6 route ?
"sh ip route" shows an entry "forward metric" but "sh ipv6 route" shows
nothing similar.

Software used:
6500: 12.2(33)SXJ
7600: 15.1(2)S