[c-nsp] Best IOS train for GSR128xx/PRP-2

Tim Kleefass tim at haitabu.net
Sat Sep 10 10:42:52 EDT 2011

Drew,

On 10.09.2011 1:39 AM, Drew Weaver wrote:
> I was wondering which version the few remaining folks that are
> running these beasts have found to be stable?
>
> Last I heard for straight IOS 12.0(33)S (latest number) was the best,
> are you guys finding this still to be true?

We are running our core with Cisco12410/12416 and PRP-1.  Sine 1.5 years
we are with 12.0(33)S6 and very stable (but will upgrade to ASR 9000
within this year and therefore we are not investigating if we should
upgrade to S7).
Basically, we are using the GSR as IP routers, IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack on
the Engine 5 line-cards and IPv4 only on the earlier line-cards.  BGP,
OSPF(v3), Security-ACLs, no fancy stuff.

We had one strange bug with security ACLs:  When we configured IPv6 on
an interface (SIP-600/SPA-1XTENGE; dual-stack to IPv4) a port-range
statement in the IPv4 security ACL did not work any more.  no ip
access-group ..., ip access-group implemented the ACL again and then the
statement worked again.
I could only confirm that for the port-range statement which was the
first ACE in the ACL.  We removed the port-range statement and implement
"normal" one-port matches and lived without any further bugs.

Cheers,
	Tim