[c-nsp] Question about object tracking for failover on 1800 series

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Mon Sep 12 11:16:38 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have the following basic setup.

I have two different upstream paths one over ethernet which will not show a down interface if there's a failure.  I am wanting to use object tracking on an 1800 series to remove the default route in the event of an upstream failure.  I built the IP SLA objects with out any problem

ip sla 100
icmp-echo a.b.c.d source d.e.f.g
yada yada very simple.  I used the Cisco documentation example for object tracking for fail over page as a starting point.
	The issue is when trying to build the actual tracking object.

the command
track 1 rtr reachability as suggested errors out and isn't even a valid set of options as suggested by the documentation.  There are several configurations for differing software versions presented and none work.  I do have the track option but it's followed by the options ip or stub object.  I'm running version 12.4-15 IOS on the device.  Does anyone have a configuration line for building the track object or a pointer as to what I'm doing wrong.  All the software versions listed in the Cisco example had some variation on the track (objectnumber) rtr format which doesn't work.

Thanks
Scott