[c-nsp] BGP neighbor with more specific prefixes

Justin Krejci jkrejci at usinternet.com
Tue Sep 13 20:08:14 EDT 2011

Cisco Folks,

Internet Transit Providers
Provider 1
Provider 2
Provider 3
Provider 4

We have aggregated prefixes (/19's, /18's etc) currently advertised to
providers 1-3 on a single router. We are bringing on provider 4 but want
to advertise only a few individual /24's within those aggregated
prefixes to provider 4 and then tag them no-export. No other
advertisements to provider 4.

Can it just be done with the network command to include the more
specific /24's and the filter out the more specific /24's with a
prefix-list on our bgp sessions with providers 1-3 and filter out the
aggregated /18's and /19's on our session with provider 4?

It seems like inject-map on the provider 4 neighbor statement might work
as well.

Are there other more appropriate ways to accomplish this in IOS?

Thanks!