[c-nsp] PA-MC-T3 trouble with individual T1 channels

Nick Voth nvoth at estreet.com
Thu Sep 15 17:53:18 EDT 2011

Folks,

I've been having about 1 T1 per month go down on a specific slot in a 7206
VXR. It's slot 4. I have replaced the PA-MC-T3 that is in there, but I still
keep getting individual T1 circuits go down. Each time, it's a different
channel on the DS3 card that is "down".

We have opened tickets with the telco and say everything looks clean on the
DS3, but when a T1 is down, they can't loop up that individual channel on
the DS3 card.

We have been assuming the card was bad so we've just replaced it a couple of
times, BUT today we just pulled the existing one out and reseated it. The
down T1 came back up and runs clean now....

I know this is old equipment, but anyone have similar issues? The cards are
cheap enough that we can replace them, but having to do that every month or
two seems really odd. Especially now that just reseating the DS3 card seems
to have worked. I'm worried there might be something more sinister going on.

Thanks in advance,

-Nick Voth