[c-nsp] See Mac Address into a Mpls L2transport tunnel ?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Sep 16 19:36:23 EDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-09-17 at 01:18 +0200, Olivier CALVANO wrote:
> We have a EoMPLS tunnels betwin 2 cisco equipements.
>
> one Catalyst 6509, in port mode
> one Cisco 7204 in Vlan Mode
>
> Anyone know if i can see all mac address transported by the tunnel ?

There's (fortunately) no MAC learning in EoMPLS tunnels so you cannot
directly see the MAC addresses. The devices just forward the frames you
hand them to the other end.

You could create a SPAN session on the 6509. Or maybe use local traffic
capture of some kind on the 7200. (Can they do that like the ISRs?)

--
Peter