[c-nsp] 8021q trunk VLAN allowed list inbound and outbound behavior

Jeffrey G. Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Wed Sep 21 16:48:25 EDT 2011

If they allow vlan 50 into your trunk port,  then THAT traffic will hit your switch but will get dumped by your switch if you do NOT allow vlan 50;  and I believe the vlan 50 packets are counted as DISCARDED frames on that port.   So the pipe is more congested with vlan 50 traffic. (That is packets that are non-unicast and unknown-unicast).

Jeff Fitzwater
Princeton University