[c-nsp] Anyone using 2960-C or 3560-C compact catalyst switches?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Sep 22 11:26:32 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-22 at 09:20 -0400, Herro91 wrote:
> Wondering if anyone out there is using 2960C or 3560C and has feedback on
> them? We are considering them for different environments where we need
> dedicated switches, but a max of 8-10 ports is all week - 24 ports is way
> overkill, not to mention the cost on the 3750s.

We're starting to use them; we have 8 in production right now, and the
seem to work just as fine as the WS-C3560-8PC-S that they're replacing.
The only difference I've seen so far is that they don't support "mls qos
srr-queue input ..." commands. That's not a real problem for us. There
might be other differences of course.

The fact that downlinks are GigabitEthernet and it has two SFP uplinks
makes them quite nice.

--
Peter