[c-nsp] ASR-1001 bgp memory usage

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Thu Sep 22 15:07:34 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011, Arie Vayner (avayner) wrote:

> Sorry, just reread my post, and found a small thing to clarify:
> - ASR1001 can go up to 8G of RAM
> - Other ASR1K, with RP2, can go up to 16G RAM
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9343/prod_models_comparison.html

Looks like we can update our ASR1001 to 8GB then.

What bothers me is that we do not seem to have dual ios proceses
running, the box has 4GB of physical ram and the IOS still only
gets 1 GB.  Where do the other 3 GB go.

Is there any boot time sizing feature or is this hard coded ?

Will we get 2 GB usable ram for IOS after updating to 8 GB. Sounds silly.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2