[c-nsp] what is best data center vendor ?

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Sat Sep 24 12:28:09 EDT 2011

I'd have to second this!

Also and this may be a preference thing but JunOS in general is easier for
me to connect with mentally for some reason.  I think it's just because
there's so much BSD under the hood and it just feels more natural in terms
of operating and configuring.  You have to be careful of bugs though and bad
obvious ones at that.  I've seen branches of the EX4200 code released with
broken rapid spanning tree as just an example.  You get a good solid release
for the features you need though and that great interface and they are fun
to work with not to mention easy to work with across different platforms.

I'd take Cisco though over Foundry if you don't have Juniper as an option.
My experience has been that Cisco provides much better support and a more
complete feature set deployed somewhat logically.  My experiences with
Foundry support on the fast Iron / Server Iron and similar was totally
lacking.  I got one support tech who didn't even understand the basics of
link aggregation.  Cisco has always provided good switches across the whole
range.  Of the two, I would hands down take Cisco and you know you'll get
good support.