[c-nsp] Anyone using 2960-C or 3560-C compact catalyst switches?

Ian Henderson ianh at ianh.net.au
Tue Sep 27 20:42:25 EDT 2011

On 22/09/2011, at 11:20 PM, Herro91 wrote:

> Wondering if anyone out there is using 2960C or 3560C and has feedback on
> them? We are considering them for different environments where we need
> dedicated switches, but a max of 8-10 ports is all week - 24 ports is way
> overkill, not to mention the cost on the 3750s.

I've got a 3560CG-8PC-S on my desk. Runs like a trooper, been very pleased with it. Its quiet, it fits into an office environment, its solidly built.

Our main fleet of switches are 3560-48PS, so I'm a little concerned that it may not behave exactly the same when testing some of the more esoteric dot1x features, due to the C running EX train, while the larger units run SE. This is just a niggle though, I haven't found any actual issues.