[c-nsp] Huawei NE40E-X3 vs Cisco AS9K

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Sep 28 23:17:53 EDT 2011

On Thursday, September 29, 2011 06:23:13 AM Tassos
Chatzithomaoglou wrote:

> We are also evaluating both platforms (ASR9k is already
> in our production network). Besides some issues related
> to IOS-XR, other issues include limited functionality
> under BVIs and limit of 1,5G traffic mirroring on 10G
> ports. Keep in mind that ASR1k might be a better choice
> if you are looking for fewer 10G ports and more memory.

Apart from a few issues with RPL in IOS XR (edge
deployment), we've been fairly happy with our ASR9010's.
We're running the combo 2x 10Gbps + 20x 1Gbps line cards.
There are lots more features in the latest iterations of IOS
XR 4, but we're not yet daring enough to try them until it's
really necessary, or the train settles down a little more.

We also have a few other units running in a core role, and
no issues there.

Cheers,

Mark.