[c-nsp] NPE-G1 Interface errors / packetloss

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Sep 29 12:01:28 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 15:10 +0000, Alexander Fossa wrote:
> At first we thought it was a dirty fibre / failed SFP, both have been
> replaced but the problem continues.
> Show interface stats from SUP32
>   Full-duplex, 1000Mb/s, media type is T

Have you checked the copper cable used here? Or is there some kind of
media converter involved since you mention fibre?

>      160219198 packets input, 76742158873 bytes, 0 no buffer
>      Received 133662 broadcasts (133662 multicasts)
>      47 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
>      25065 input errors, 24986 CRC, 24939 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored
> As you can see lots of CRC & Frame errors the SUP32 side, and a few
> overruns on the NPE-G1 side.

Something is wrong with the physical path when you see CRC and frame
errors on a link running full duplex in both ends. I would take a good
look at the cable and any patch panels between them.

--
Peter