[c-nsp] show cdp neighbors

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Sep 30 09:02:44 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 13:22 +0200, Andrew Miehs wrote:
> How do I tell the
>  "show cdp neighbors" that my terminal is wider than 80 chars?
> The output is always split across two lines making this extremely annoying
> to read.
>
> longswitchname.domain.com
>                  Gig 2/1/11        120              S I   WS-C3550- Gig 0/2
>
> Unfortunately I can't remove the domain name as ssh wants it.

AFAIK you cannot have "show cdp neighbors" put everything in one line.

What are you trying to achieve? If you're looking for a specific
neighbor and are used to using

 show cdp neighbors | include longswitchname

you could instead (on newer versions of IOS) use

 show cdp neighbors | section longswitchname

--
Peter