[c-nsp] vlan translation

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Sep 30 16:48:33 EDT 2011

chris stand <cstand141 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Are many ( any ) of you using vlan translation on trunk ports ?
>
>Legacy networks integrating into new number schemas ?
>Allowing similar vlans to live at multiple remote locations but be
>seen uniquely at "core"
>Part of an 802.1X / radius auth vlan scheme ?
>
>6500 or 7K ?
>
>Thank you,

We used it for merging networks that didn't honour our site vlan numbering. It worked ok.

I was surprised to find the newer 6700 series linecards on 6500/sup720 have lower numbers of xlat than older - 6716 can map far fewer than 6704 for example.

The 6748 linecards have tediously large port groups, which might limit you.

What's your use case?
--
Sent from my phone. Please excuse brevity and typos.