[c-nsp] Adding a SUP720-3BXL standby SUP question

Lee Starnes lee.t.starnes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:14:27 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have a question about the 6509 and the SUP720-3BXL standby sup. If a
chassis only has 1 SUP installed and you install a second one, will that
disrupt the currently installed and working SUP? I ask this because we have
our standby SUPs and I would like to install them, but I know they don't
have the same version of IOS running. I don't want to blow away the config
or cause the chassis to go down when installing these. Does anyone have any
experience with this?

Thanks,

Lee