[c-nsp] ASR9000v and distance

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Sat Apr 7 09:50:53 EDT 2012

The ASR9000v satellite doesn't sound like much of an improvement over
simply trunking to a conventional L2 switch and having each switchport
presented as a separate VLAN to the router for L3 processing.

The ability to manage it all with one instance of IOS might be simpler but
using discrete L2 switches seems to have a lot more flexibility.

What am I missing?

Aled