[c-nsp] extending asr9k mpls cloud into my 7609's

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 16:14:23 EDT 2012

If I understand the topology correctly, to begin with you just want to
connect the OLT/DSLAM to the 7600 via a L2 Ethernet pseudowire from a port
on the 901 terminating to a port on the 9K, correct?  That should work
fine with no real issues...

Then at some point you want to include the 7600 as part of this new MPLS
network so you can connect ports off of the 7600 via PW to other
destinations? Correct me if I'm wrong.  The simple answer to your question
is no I don't think you'll able to do what you want.  Commands like
"xconnect" used for l2vpn can't be qualified with a vrf, at least not that
I've ever seen on a Cisco. You may be better off taking what is the global
table today on the 7600s and putting it into a VRF itself, or installing
another device (which is part of the new MPLS network) to handle these new
connections versus using the 7600s.  Alternatively you could configure the
routers so only "infrastructure" routes such as loopbacks and interface
addresses exist in the IGP and filter traffic at your edge to protect
those IPs from customers if you feel the need to.

Phil