[c-nsp] Port mirror on a Service Instance

Judith Sanders jasanders at ptci.com
Fri Apr 13 14:43:13 EDT 2012

I have a 3800ME with the following configuration below: I am trying to set up Port Mirror from gig0/13 to gig0/3- I type in commands and they take,  yet nothing shows up when I do a sh monitor session 1--Would it be because of the Service Instance or what?

Here is what I type for the monitor session-
(config)#monitor session 1 source interface gig0/13 both
(config)#monitor session 1 destination interface gig0/3

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
description "CV11920 Uplink To 2924"
switchport trunk allowed vlan none
switchport mode trunk
mtu 1600
service instance 113 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 113
  xconnect 192.168.204.x 10113 encapsulation mpls
!
service instance 200 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 200
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 200
!
service instance 513 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 513
  xconnect 192.168.204.x 10513 encapsulation mpls
!
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/2
description "CV13668 Okeene wireless Backhaul"
switchport trunk allowed vlan none
switchport mode trunk
mtu 1600
service instance 208 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 208
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 208
!
service instance 474 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 474
  xconnect 192.168.204.x 10474 encapsulation mpls
!
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/3
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/4
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/5
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/6
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/7
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/8
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/9
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/10
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/11
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/12
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/13
description "CV11777 Mpeg 4 Multicast"
switchport trunk allowed vlan none
switchport mode trunk
service instance 54 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 54
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 54
!

Thanks,
Judith Sanders
Pioneer Telephone
Inside Plant Networking Services
jasanders at ptci.com
"Our lives change when our habits change."
     Matthew Kelly

This email message and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity  for whom it is addressed.  It
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all paper and
electronic copies of this message and its contents.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email or any file
attachments is strictly prohibited.