[c-nsp] Limits on virtual-access interfaces ?

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Apr 16 17:41:18 EDT 2012

Mike <mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com> writes:

> Howdy,
>
> 	I have a 7201 terminating pppoe sessions. I ran the following
> command and saw that the max virtual-access interface number was 900,
> per below:
>
> sh int virtual-access ?
>   <1-900>  Virtual-Access interface number
>
> 	I am wondering if this is actually a dynamic number?
> My high water pppoe sessions (max up at one time) is 898, and so I am
> wondering if I will hit this limit or if it will grow once I cross
> that threshold?

Yes, they're cloned from the virtual-template as needed.

"show idb" will give you an idea about interface descriptor blocks and
how close you are to exhaustion (not even close on that platform).  My
recolllection is that on the 7206VXR under 12.3 and 12.4 you get
20,000.  This is old neurons though.

-r