[c-nsp] nexus 7ks - and 6.x code

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Apr 17 12:22:38 EDT 2012

On 17/04/12 14:15, chris stand wrote:
> Not sure how many here run the nexus 7k platform, but for those of you
> who do - anyone looking at the 6.x code versions?

Funnily enough, I have just been told by TAC to move back to 5.2 code,
and it did indeed fix my bug.

Their words:

"""
There are at least a handful of fixes that have gone into 5.2(4) that
would have missed 6.0(1) as they are different trains. 6.0(x) is not the
upgrade path from 5.2(x) code they are in fact two different trains.
5.2(x) is a long lived release and unless you need the HW features that
6.0(x) brings the developers have reconfirmed that 5.2(x) will be your
best bet.
"""

The N7k shipped to us with 6.0 code, and I just assumed it was
appropriate, but in my case, not so.

FWIW, the box as-shipped came with the most up-to-date EPLD images, and
I did not have to downgrade these; just the kickstart/system images.

> I have read the release notes and we do not have any super new hardware.
> Bonus points if you also have VSS too :)

VSS?