[c-nsp] GRE tunnels between Cisco ME3600X

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Apr 17 12:26:50 EDT 2012

On 17/04/12 17:03, paul.magee at agencyport.com wrote:
> It certainly sounds like a plausible explanation. I guess my next
> question is can I force a CEF punt?

I'm not an expert on the ME3600 platforms, but based on how this kind of
thing has worked on other hardware-based Cisco platforms (Catalyst 3k,
4k, 6k) CPU fallback is "not supported", and usually doesn't work
properly anyway, even if the puny CPUs could drive it.

I would advise against it. You'd probably be better off dangling a
Raspberry Pi off an ethernet port and using Linux to do the GRE ;o)