[c-nsp] PPPoE constant reauthentication

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Wed Apr 18 13:12:14 EDT 2012

I'm trying to set up Radius/PPPoE on a router and having a problem with the connection constantly reauthenticating. The config is substantially similar to others I have that do work correctly. Even stranger is that PPPoA is working fine. This is what I've got for the relevant sections:

aaa new-model
!
aaa authentication login default line
aaa authentication login console none
aaa authentication ppp dsl group radius
aaa authorization network dsl group radius
aaa accounting delay-start
aaa accounting delay-start all
aaa accounting network dsl start-stop group radius
!
bba-group pppoe global
virtual-template 1

vc-class atm ppp
  encapsulation aal5autoppp Virtual-Template1
!
interface ATM1/0.1 multipoint
no ip mroute-cache
class-int ppp
pvc 1/465
!
pvc 1/740
!
pvc 1/753
!
pvc 1/1000

interface Virtual-Template1
mtu 1492
ip unnumbered Loopback0
no logging event link-status
peer default ip address pool ppp
ppp authentication pap chap dsl
ppp authorization dsl
ppp link reorders
ppp multilink
ppp multilink fragment disable
!
radius-server attribute nas-port format d
radius-server host 216.51.246.12 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813
radius-server timeout 10
radius-server key 7 14101D0C03143A3B2B29
radius-server vsa send accounting
!

I've used debugging on the AAA, radius, and PPPoE subsystems and didn't see any smoking guns.

Thanks
Dave