[c-nsp] L3VPN works, but not default route

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Apr 19 09:56:37 EDT 2012

> As a continuation of this thread/task, I now have the default route
from my
> dual core ce-pe hubs, thanks to you all :) ...and now shown below is
some
> output from one of my other pe's further out into the edge of my
> network...it seems that it is rcv'ing the dual default routes from the
dual
> ce/pe core hubs, but now I'm wanting to allow BOTH default routes into
the
> rib to allow for the typical cef src/dst hashing for load balancing
between
> both pe next hops 10.101.0.1 and 10.101.0.2.  Let me know what you
think
> please on how to accomplish this.

assuming you can see both defaults in your "show ip bgp vpnv4 vrf one
0.0.0.0" and both , you theoretically only need to enable iBGP
multipath:

router bgp 64512
 address-family ipv4 vrf one
  maximum-paths ibgp 2

however as your metric to the two PEs is different (at least in your
lab), you need to use "maximum-paths eibgp 2", as eiBGP-load-sharing
will ignore the IGP metric to the egress PE and will install both paths
in your RIB..

	oli