[c-nsp] IPv6 basic configuration problem

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Tue Apr 24 09:01:07 EDT 2012

Regarding an ISP like I work for that provides internet for cable modem
customers, dsl, ftth and dial-up, Does anyone out there use stateless auto
configuration for these type of customers ?

Next question....
Is there anything you all are aware of that would steer my away from SLAAC
for these type of customers ?  ...wondering if I lose the ability to provide
identification of mac/ipv6 address for subpoena's and also for
infections/hack attempts coming from my customers that other security folks
in the internet query me about.  Would I still be able to identify my
customers and also be able to know their identity after 3 months has gone
by....in other words, a subpoena comes in and Homeland security (ICE I
believe they are called) or some FBI agent wants to know "who had a certain
IP address 3 months ago"....will SLAAC in IPv6 have a historical log for me
to look at ?

Aaron