[c-nsp] aaa authorization and "authentication expired"

Per Carlson pelle at hemmop.com
Tue Apr 24 09:49:25 EDT 2012

Hi.

> I've set up command authorization using TACACS+ on some devices
> (various IOS releases), and have since experienced a new type of
> "error" message: "Authentication expired". I would like to find more
> information of this time out, and if it's configurable (either on the
> device or  in some AV pair).

Found the cause of this (thanks Javier for a pointer). It turns out
it's the TACACS+ server timing out the session 10 minutes after login.
Fortunately it's a configurable timer.

--
Pelle

"D’ä e å, vett ja”, skrek ja, för ja ble rasen,
”å i åa ä e ö, hörer han lite, d’ä e å, å i åa ä e ö"
- Gustav Fröding, 1895