[c-nsp] 7606 SIP-600 QoS - Service policy matching issue

Andrew K. andrew at vianet.ca
Tue Apr 24 12:08:45 EDT 2012

I'm attempting to configure WRED with LLQ on a 7606 runing dual sup720
and advanced IP Version 12.2(33)SRE2.
I have the following configuration applied to my 7600-SIP-600
SPA-2XOC48POS interface.

7600#
!
class-map match-any IMPORTANT-TRAFFIC
   match mpls experimental topmost 6
!
policy-map OC48
   class IMPORTANT-TRAFFIC

interface POS1/0/0
  ip address 10.20.30.22 255.255.255.252
  mpls ip
  mpls traffic-eng tunnels
  mls qos trust dscp
  service-policy output OC48
  ip rsvp bandwidth 1800000 900000
end

I understand the service policy is not doing anything yet, but the
problem I having is the service policy is not seeing any matches for the
class-map or the class-default.

7600#sh policy-map int pos1/0/0
  POS1/0/0

   Service-policy output: OC48

     Class-map: IMPORTANT-TRAFFIC(match-any)
       0 packets, 0 bytes
       5 minute offered rate 0000 bps
       Match: mpls experimental topmost 6

     Class-map: class-default (match-any)
       0 packets, 0 bytes
       5 minute offered rate 0000 bps, drop rate 0000 bps
       Match: any

7600#sh int pos1/0/0 | inc rate
   Queueing strategy: fifo

I'm at a little bit of a loss here, is this a bug?  Did I mis-configure
something?  Would the policy-map actually do something just the counters
aren't incrementing?

I did find the following restrictions, but I do not believe they apply
here :
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/shared_port_adapters/configuration/7600series/76ovwsip.html#wp1075778

.Output policing is not supported.

.The aggregate guaranteed bandwidth configured for all QOS policies
applied to a main interface cannot exceed the bandwidth of the link. 1%
of the link rate bandwidth is reserved for control packet traffic. The
remaining 99% of guaranteed rates are available for QoS configuration.
For policies applied to the main interface, an attempt is made to
acquire the 1% guaranteed rate from class-default. If control packet
bandwidth can not be acquired, then errors are reported in the log file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Andrew.