[c-nsp] Will the Cisco 2911 push GigE with NAT enabled ?

Dave dcostell-cisconsp at torzo.com
Mon Apr 30 11:44:21 EDT 2012

On 04/30/2012 08:41 AM, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 30/04/2012 16:30, Mackinnon, Ian wrote:
>> It says a 2911 will top out at about 180M with no features.
>
> that's the figure for 64 byte packets.  For imix the feature-free result
> will be quite a chunk higher.  But then every feature you add (NAT, policy
> routing, full dfz, etc) will cause the performance to drop off significantly.
>
> Dave, can you post your interface configuration?
>
> Nick

Yup, tho I think this is most likely the wrong device for the job. I'd
love to get feedback on what I could do better.

interface GigabitEthernet0/0
  ip address xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.252
  ip access-group OFFICE_LAN in
  no ip unreachables
  no ip proxy-arp
  ip flow egress
  ip nat outside
  no ip virtual-reassembly in
  duplex auto
  speed auto
  no mop enabled
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
  no ip address
  no ip unreachables
  ip nbar protocol-discovery
  ip flow ingress
  ip flow egress
  ip nat inside
  no ip virtual-reassembly in
  duplex auto
  speed auto
  no mop enabled
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1.1
  description Old Office Network
  encapsulation dot1Q 1 native
  ip address 10.0.0.1 255.128.0.0
  ip flow ingress
  ip nat inside
  no ip virtual-reassembly in
  ipv6 enable
  ipv6 nd ra suppress
  ipv6 ospf 15082 area 0
  no cdp enable
!

the OFFICE_LAN acl is a 3 line rule to block ssh from all but one
specific external IP.

Dave