[c-nsp] unblocking port on 3750

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Aug 2 05:50:25 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 08:42 +0000, Bouazza Djamel wrote:
> Yesterday we reloaded  switch 3750 and when we try to add new vlan we
> have the following error message:
>
> Aug  2 06:06:22 CET: %SPANTREE-2-UNBLOCK_CONSIST_PORT: Unblocking Port-channel4 on VLAN0001. Port consistency restored.
>
> Could you please help to found the root cause.

Unblocking is the restoration of correctness following the actual error
which has blocked the port. You should have a previous message saying
why the port was blocked, something like this:

Jul  4 14:56:02.852 CEST: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Blocking Port-channel4 on VLAN0001. Inconsistent peer vlan.

Posting the configuration from both Po4 on the device logging the
message and the configuration from the neighboring port-channel would
probably help towards saying what the error could have been.

--
Peter