[c-nsp] Cisco 7600/SUP720-3BXL SRD -> SRE => Egress -> Ingress Multicast Replication Mode

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Aug 3 09:05:39 EDT 2012

On 03/08/12 12:54, Emanuel Popa wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> A while ago we upgraded our 7600 Cisco boxes with SUP720-3BXL and LAN
> cards from SRD to SRE IOS version. After successfully upgrading all

Some features are incompatible with egress mode. It's possible that the
IOS upgrade introduced more checks and/or forced ingress mode as
problems were found

For example, MVPN needs ingress mode, and IIRC QoS and SPAN have
problems with egress mode.

> boxes we noticed at least a strange behavior: all Cisco 7600 boxes had
> "mls ip multicast replication-mode ingress" as an extra command in
> their running configuration file. Before upgrading, all boxes were
> doing egress replication for multicast traffic. And it seems they are

Are you sure? You checked this with the "sh platform" command?

> still able to do it:
>
> #show platform software multicast ip capability

What happens if you "no" the command and let it go back to auto-detect mode?