[c-nsp] Cisco 7600/SUP720-3BXL SRD -> SRE => Egress -> Ingress Multicast Replication Mode

Emanuel Popa emanuel.popa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 07:30:55 EDT 2012

After opening a SR for the issue below, Cisco TAC called to tell us
that SRE defaults to ingress replication without giving us any solid
reason for it. Also the TAC engineer clearly stated that we will see
no big difference between ingress and egress replication mode. He also
advised that if we really want to switch to egress replication it
would be better to do it inside a maintenance window. All of this on
the phone and nothing appears within the Service Request tool.

Strange,
Manu