[c-nsp] Loop/Unreachable problem with C6500/SUP720

Sebastian Wiesinger cisco-nsp at ml.karotte.org
Thu Aug 9 05:50:34 EDT 2012

* Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> [2012-08-09 11:28]:
> On 08/08/2012 08:07 PM, Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:
> >* Xu Hu <jstuxuhu0816 at gmail.com> [2012-08-08 18:30]:
> >>Are this routes all running in the ospf and bgp at the same time? If yes, it is a normal behaviour.
> >
> >Hello,
> >
> >as Gert pointed out, the networks are connected (I also have another
> >network, which is a static route (redistributed into OSPF), which is
> >showing the same behaviour.
>
> For inspecting this kind of problem I like to use both the "sh ip
> cef" and "mls" variants i.e.
>
> sh mls cef lookup <ip> detail

I just posted my output from that in my previous mail. To sum it up:
It looks ok, adjacency is resolved with the correct MAC-Adress on the
connected SVI interface.

> My guess is you've either
>
>  a. got some random layer2 horrbleness going on (ARP, ICMP
> redirects) - but my guess is you've eliminated that - or

Yes, we looked for that. It's all turned off.

>  b. there is an IOS bug or hardware problem causing adjacency or
> TCAM mis-programming.
>
> I assume you have tried reloading the box?

No, but I will do so today. We did reload the box before and the
problem was present  before and after (I wasn't there for this so I'll
test this again).

> It might be worth trying a full set of GOLD diags (including the
> disruptive ones) on the sup and linecard(s) concerned, just to
> eliminate hardware as a cause.

Yes that would be one of the next steps too.

> We don't have SXJ3 installed anywhere, but our boxes on SXJ2 don't
> display these symptoms. Not much help, I know...

No problem, I appreciate all the input. :)

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant