[c-nsp] Loop/Unreachable problem with C6500/SUP720

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Aug 9 07:10:48 EDT 2012

On 09/08/12 10:45, Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:

> As far as I see, it looks OK. The problem lies somewhere deeper at the
> hardware level.

Agreed.

It's been a while since I did this, but if you "remote login module X"
where X is the module receiving the traffic (if you're using a DFC) or
the slot containing the SUP (if you''re forwarding on the PFC) you can
get access to a bunch of commands that can inspect the hardware FIB.

Sadly, that's as far as my memory goes - normally you'd expect to use
these under the direction of TAC (and not on a production box!)

You might be able to get some idea of the cause of the fault from doing
and ELAM capture of a working and failing destination.