[c-nsp] ME3600X Embedded Packet Capture

Ivan cisco-nsp at itpro.co.nz
Fri Aug 10 06:27:30 EDT 2012

Hi Waris,

I had come across that bug referring to EPC in "Release Notes for the
Cisco ME 3800X and ME 3600X Switch" -
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/15.1_2_ey/release/notes/ol25360.html
and had hoped that the feature was available.  I wasn't able to find any
other documentation thus my question to the list.

What I am really looking for is a possible way to verify any seen mac
addresses on a customer EVC xconnect when running MPLS to the edge for
troubleshooting.  This was quite easy and useful with a switched access
layer.  I don't really want to xconnect on vlans and bridge to EVCs (not
sure that is possible on the ME3600X platform)

Thanks

Ivan