[c-nsp] Increasing hold-queue to alleviate microbursts with small hardware queues

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 09:48:59 EDT 2012

Thanks, I suspected that was the case or it would have been mentioned
before. We have played around with different queuing parameters and queue
depths, but I'm trying to find some other potential solutions.

Would a shaping service policy work for this? I'm wondering what the impact
would be on microbursts if we enabled shaping. Would that give us any
additional short-term buffer space?

Thanks again,
John