[c-nsp] ME3600X Output Drops

George Giannousopoulos ggiannou at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 01:48:33 EDT 2012

Hi Ivan,

In fact the default queue limit in 3800x/3600x is quite small
We also had issues with drops in all interfaces, even without congestion

After some research and an SR with Cisco, we have started applying qos on
all interfaces

policy-map INTERFACE-OUTPUT-POLICY
 class dummy
 class class-default
  shape average X00000000
  queue-limit 2457 packets

The dummy class does nothing.

It is just there because IOS wouldn't allow changing queue limit otherwise

Also there were issues with the policy counters which should be
resolved after 15.1(2)EY2

Cisco said they would increase the default queue sizes in the second
half of 2012..

So, I suggest you try the latest IOS version and check again

10G interfaces had no drops in our setup too.

Regards

George