[c-nsp] Loop/Unreachable problem with C6500/SUP720

Sebastian Wiesinger cisco-nsp at ml.karotte.org
Thu Aug 23 05:04:00 EDT 2012

Hello List,

sorry for the long delay but here is the solution to this riddle. It
turns out this problem was caused by a faulty supervisor engine. As
soon as we switched to another SUP720 the problems all went away.

We then ran a full diagnostic on the faulty SUP720 which lasted 5
hours and showed... nothing!

Switching back to the faulty SUP made the problems reappear,
confirming that it is indeed a hardware problem which is not visible
from the system and is not detected by full diagnostics.

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant