[c-nsp] Anycast-rp using PIM/RFC-4610 (not MSDP)

Stafford Rau srau at rauhaus.org
Fri Aug 24 10:47:31 EDT 2012

Are any of you successfully using RFC-4610 anycast-rp on Nexus?

We have an issue where the (S,G) and in some cases (*,G) state is not being
passed between the two Nexus 7010s in our anycast-rp domain. I've had a TAC
case open on this for over a week, but it's becoming apparent that the TAC
engineers don't have any experience with this particular configuration. The
most recent update to the case asked me for MSDP debugging output,
completely ignoring the fact that RFC-4610 anycast-rp does not use MSDP,
and I don't have that feature enabled on the routers.

I'll be upgrading from NX-OS 5.1.4 to 5.2.5 this coming weekend, which may
magically cure this problem. I'm not counting on it though.

--Stafford