[c-nsp] bgp/ospf default route interaction

Michael Ulitskiy mulitskiy at acedsl.com
Mon Aug 27 18:47:13 EDT 2012

Randy,
Thanks for the explanation.
I do understand the first part (without "always")
I guess what confused me is that I didn't expect a router would always prefer a locally injected
ospf default over the learned one. Since both LSAs are in the database (just checked it) I expected
it to go ahead and compare the metrics. In my example I specifically lowered the metric of default
advertised by CORE1 and it didn't make any difference. CORE2 still ignored it.
Anyway, it's much clearer now.
Thanks Randy and Christian,

Michael