[c-nsp] UDP port 19 (chargen ) being punted to CPU ?

Jeffrey G. Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Tue Aug 28 16:12:34 EDT 2012

It turns out it is some bug with adding this single entry into a long ACL. Once we did a rebuild of ACL ( no access list foo then access-list foo ) all worked fine.  The singe ACE entry was added about two weeks ago and just last week someone decided to poke at the port 19 and thats when we saw the CPU spike.

I have ticket open with CISCO to let them know.

Thanks for all the help.

Jeff F.