[c-nsp] catv network - qpsk - atm25

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Aug 31 13:05:22 EDT 2012

Does your catv cable have a fiber strand as well?  Many of these cables also have a SM fiber.. if so, you can use a bidi-sfp.

It does sound like you are trying to use very old technology, which can be good on the cheap, but sometimes is not the best choice.

A pair of bidi sfps and media converters can be had for around $250 on the cheap.

- jared

On Aug 31, 2012, at 12:05 PM, Aaron wrote:

> My boss is asking me about reeng our catv network for various reasons. (swrd
> replacement, do rfog for a different set box, much of which I don't
> understand since it's very catv-speak..but I'm the ip eng that he needs to
> speak to some of this below)

*snip*