[c-nsp] BGP Path Selection and next-hop reachability (IGP vs BGP)

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Dec 2 07:09:47 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 12:05:23PM +0000, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
> router bgp ..
>  address-family ...
>   bgp nexthop route-map NHTmap
> !
> ip prefix-list LOOPBACKS 0.0.0.0/0 ge 32
> !
> route-map NHTmap permit 10
>  match ip address prefix-list LOOPBACKS
> route-map NHTmap permit 20
>  match source-protocol connected

Oh, wow, this is amazing stuff, especially the match on LOOPBACKS (if I read
this right "permit any next-hop that is there as a /32 route").

I'm sure there's fine ways to mutilate your feed with this :-) - but I
can see quite a number of BGP-does-funny-things cases where this can be
immediately useful, like the problem the initial poster had.

(Now going to read more documentation on this :) )

thanks!

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de