[c-nsp] Multiple flow-masks

Tóth András diosbejgli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 16:08:44 EST 2012

Hi Robert,

A few things to keep in mind.

With Release 12.2(33)SXI4 and later releases, when appropriate for the
configuration of the policer, microflow policers use the interface-full
flow mask, which can reduce flowmask conflicts. Releases earlier than
Release 12.2(33)SXI4 use the full flow mask.

The flowmask requirements of QoS, NetFlow, and NetFlow data export (NDE)
might conflict, especially if you configure microflow policing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/qos.html

To add to this, note the following restrictions/recommendations well:

The micro-flow policing full flow mask is compatible with NDE’s flow masks
that are shorter than or equal to full flow (except for destination source
interface).
With any micro-flow policing partial mask an error message is displayed and
either the micro-flow policer or NDE might get disabled.

Best regards,
Andras