[c-nsp] Multiple flow-masks

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Dec 10 08:03:31 EST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 01:50:04PM +0100, Tóth András wrote:
> The reason you start seeing a conflict as soon as you enable mls flow ipv6
> is that IPv6 Netflow can only be enabled globally, not per-interface.

Which is actually an interesting topic on its own.  It used to be that
way for IPv4 Netflow, too, but later the code was changed to make that
per-interface (and it seems to really do that at flow collection time,
not only at flow-export time - so it helps TCAM contention if netflow
collection doesn't have to be on on all interfaces).

Now the $5M question - is the hardware capable of doing IPv6 per-interface
netflow, and if yes, is this on Cisco's roadmap?  For the Sup720, or
only for the Sup2T?

(I'm more curious about the details, and not going to rant either way...)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de