[c-nsp] Cisco command to see active session on "cisco WS-C6503-E (R7000)"

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Dec 13 07:08:33 EST 2012

On 13/12/12 09:32, Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2012, at 4:28 PM, Gert Doering wrote:
>
>> That's certainly less-than-useful advice.
>
> Again, please see my other responses on this thread.
>
> It isn't 6500-specific.  It's a Worst Practice for NetFlow.

Do you have any references for this, other than your personal assertion?
Because this directly contradicts my experience of running simultaneous
ingress/egress Netflow on an 20G internet connection serving ~25k
clients, and between 2-8Gbit/sec of IMIX. Platform is Nexus 7k/EARL8.

"Ask cisco" doesn't really tell me a lot; are you claiming this is
something they don't publicly acknowledge, or that it's not well
documented, or what?

In addition, your assertion:

"You should never do this on any platform from any vendor."

...is an extraordinary statement; I have a very hard time believing that
it can be true.