[c-nsp] private vlan ports

Christian Bösch boesch at fhv.at
Thu Dec 13 08:59:55 EST 2012

Hi,

Two questions regarding Cisco private vlan ports:

_I have a switch with a couple of vlans which are carried over 2 trunk ports bundled
to an etherchannel to the upper router where they are routed with L3 vlan interfaces.
On the switch I want some isolated private vlan ports, but I cannot set a promicious port because
it is an etherchannel. Is there a workaround how to solve this or is this setup impossible?

_I think private ports are working with an ingress ACL in the background? So what about
IPv6 if the switch does not support IPv6 ACLs. Does that mean that private vlan isolation ports
do only work for IPv4?

Thanks in advance,
Christian